- 1.I received a Notice of Election and Demand (NED) stating my property is in foreclosure. What can I do?
- For counseling call the foreclosure hotline at (877) 601-4673. Our office can answer procedure questions but will not give legal or lending advice. Read the Foreclosure Process document for more information.
- 2.I am interested in a foreclosure property. Can I look at it?
We do not show properties and potential bidders may not force the homeowner to let them see the property.
- 3.When are the sales?
- Sales are held on Fridays at 10:00 am at the courthouse in Breckenridge:
208 E. Lincoln Ave.
Breckenridge, CO 80424
- 4.What type of payment is required?
We must have full payment in the form of certified check (Cashiers or Teller) or a wire transfer at the conclusion of the auction. Some people will bring a certified check for the maximum they are able to bid or wire the money ahead of time. These amounts are not public record. If property is obtained for less than received amount, a refund check or excess wire amount is issued / returned the same day.
- 5.What type of information is needed at the sale?
- The name, address, and contact information of the name to be used on the certificate of purchase for the successful bidder.
- 6.What is the Colorado Open Records Act Fee Policy?
- In order to pay for the cost of staff, custodians of public records. Summit County may charge for research and retrieval time necessary to respond to requests for records under the Colorado Open Records Act (“CORA”). Pursuant to C.R.S. §24-72-205(6), effective July 1, 2014, staff time may be charged at a rate not to exceed $30.00 per hour. There shall be no charge for the first hour of time for research and retrieval of records.